Monday, April 11, 2011

And the streak goes on..730














The Running Streak Continues:

Stats:
-730 days
-Each run lasted 45 minutes to 3hrs
-18 pairs of shoes - thanks RunFit
-Mileage??? Never really mattered to me.
-P.R.'d everyday


Last week I completed the second year of my running streak. It's wild to go back and think about all the changes that occurred in that time in my professional and personal life. Running and exercise in general is a vital part of my life and has been for over 20 years and no matter what else is going on it is the one thing I can count on. Cardio-centric workouts are critical to me on many different levels and it goes way beyond feeding a competitive nature or tending to the needs of vanity. I know that there are plenty of people out there that crave being faster, better, stronger, leaner, and at the top of the game. For me these aspects of physical fitness brought out the worst in my personality and constantly held me back from growing out of the "grasshopper" shell, grabbing the pebble, and becoming the master. To finally be able to let go and say "it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing as long as I am doing my best" sends a sense of peace through me.  In that spirit and while I plan on running and cycling everyday as long as my legs will allow, I am letting go of the streak and moving on. I encourage everyone to push their own limits and be willing to recognize when  pushing over the same line every time will force growth into a stagnate state. The important thing is to constantly  reach beyond the limitations put in place by the human need for comfort and put our fitness in a state of confused vulnerability that will in the end allow for optimal physical and emotional growth.

Stay Active!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment